Fine Arts C.V. (Selective Listing)
Teaching and Organizing
- July 26-29, 2017: Eighth International Urban Sketchers Symposium. Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, USA. Faculty.
- June-October, 2017: 10 Years x 10 Classes Workshop Series. New York, NY, USA. Organizer and instructor.
- February 2017-Present: Grand Street Settlment/SONYC @ NEST+m. New York, NY, USA. Teaching artist.
- August 2016-Present: Shoestring Studio. Brooklyn, NY, USA. Faculty.
- July 27-30, 2016: Seventh International Urban Sketchers Symposium. Manchester College of Art, Manchester, England. Guest critic.
- July 22-25, 2015: Sixth International Urban Sketchers Symposium. Temasek Polytechnic, Singapore. Organizer.
- May 2015-Present: Sketchbook Skool. Online art school. Faculty.
- January 2015-Present: Abrons Arts Center. New York, NY, USA. Teaching artist.
- October 1-2, 2014: Future of Storytelling Summit. New York, NY, USA. Workshop instructor.
- August 27-30, 2014, Fifth International Urban Sketching Symposium. Casa da Cultura, Paraty, RJ, Brazil. Organizer and faculty.
- May 17, 2014: Moleskine City Stories. Columbus Circle Moleskine Store, New York City, NY. Workshop instructor.
- July 11-13, 2013: Fourth International Urban Sketching Symposium. Centre de Cultura Contemporània, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. Organizer.
- July 12-14, 2012: Third International Urban Sketching Symposium. Centro Cultural de España, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Organizer and faculty.
- July 29-31, 2010: First International Urban Sketching Symposium. Pacific Northwest College of Art, Portland, OR, USA. Organizer and faculty.
Exhibits and Events
- June 11, 2017: New York Botanical Garden Plein-Air Invitational. Bronx, NY, USA. Invited artist.
- June 10, 2017: Northside Festival. Brooklyn, NY, USA. Featured muralist.
- April 1-2, 2017: MoCCA Arts Festival. Exhibitor.
- January 21-28, 2017: Abrons Faculty Exhibition 2017. New York, NY, USA. Invited artist.
- April 2-3, 2016: MoCCA Arts Festival. Exhibitor.
- September 19-20, 2015: Small Press Expo (SPX). Exhibitor.
- April-May 2015: “Let's Talk About Gentrification” Portrait Project, as part of Collaborate:Create Residency. Center for Performance Research, Brooklyn, NY, USA. Selected artist.
- November 14-15, 2014: Creative Time Summit. Kulturhuset Stadsteatern, Stockholm, Sweden. Invited artist.
- July 30-August 31, 2014: Solo show. BRIC House, Brooklyn, NY, USA. Paintings.
- March 3-April 16, 2014: “Drawing the Line: Artists Drawing in Transit”. Public transit systems in Toronto, Edmonton and Calgary, Canada. Group show, invitational.
- January 12, 2014: Innauguration of Laurie Cumbo to New York City Council. Ingersoll Community Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA. Invited artist.
- May 18-June 23, 2013: Kingston Avenue Festival Mural, Arts to End Violence. Ron Taylor Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, USA. Muralist.
- September 7-16, 2012: “Unique Places of Death”, Citydrift. Bogart Salon, Brooklyn, NY. Installation with the Glass Bees and the Hart Island Project.
- August 16-October 6 2012: “Seeing the World, One Drawing at a Time: Urban Sketchers”. Ackland Art Museum, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA. Group show, invitational.
- June 20, 2012: “Drawn Out Storytelling: End of the World”. The Tank Theater, New York, NY, USA. Live performance illustration with Ophira Eisenberg.
- April 18, 2012: “Drawn Out Storytelling: ‘round the Clock”. The Tank Theater, New York, NY, USA. Live performance illustration with Robin Wachsberger.
- March 18-26, 2011: “Single Fare: Swipe Again” Sloan Fine Art, New York, NY, USA. Group show.
- September 18, 2010: Crow Hill Community Association 25th Anniversary Mural Project. Brooklyn, NY, USA. Muralist.
- June 12-13, 2010: “Reading Governor’s Island”, FIGMENT Festival. Governor's Island, New York, NY, USA. Installation and interactive public performance with the Glass Bees.
- September 20, 2009: “Venice, Brooklyn”, Conflux City. Envoy Enterprises, New York, NY, USA. Installation and performance with the Glass Bees.
- 2009-Present, Board Member, Urban Sketchers. 501(c)(3) nonprofit “dedicated to raising the artistic, storytelling and educational value of location drawing, promoting its practice and connecting people around the world who draw on location where they live and travel.” President, 2013-2014; Vice President, 2011-2013.
Other Conferences Attended
- October 7-8, 2015: Future of Storytelling Summit. New York, NY, USA.
- June 13-15, 2014: Americans for the Arts Annual Convention, Nashville, TN, USA.
- May 17-18, 2014: Open Engagement. Queens Museum, Flushing Meadows Corona Park, NY, USA.
- November 10, 2013: Arts and Democracy’s “Cultural Organizing for Community Change”. Groundswell, Brooklyn, NY, USA.
- October 25-26, 2013: Creative Time Summit “Art, Place, and Dislocation in the 21st Century City”. NYU Skirball Center for the Performing Arts. New York, NY, USA.
- May 9-11, 2012: NAMTA Art Materials World Conference, Orlando, FL, USA.
- July 21-23, 2011: Second International Urban Sketching Symposium. Faculdade de Belas-Artes da Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Best of Brooklyn Draw Jam, Vol. 1. Edited by Jess Worby, Jason Das, Brian Elig, and Gant Powell. Brooklyn Draw Jam, 2016
- Horrible Garfield. Brooklyn Draw Jam, 2016
- If You See Something, Sketch Something. Self-published, 2015
- The Urban Sketching Handbook: Reportage and Documentary Drawing. Veronica Lawlor. Quarry Books, 2015.
- Praying With our Feet: Faith-Based Activism to Stop Shootings and Killings in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, and Beyond. Crown Heights Community Mediation Center, 2013.
- Las Pitayas en las Artes Plásticas, la Historia y la Literatura. Adolfo Rodríguez Canto. Universidad Autónoma Chapingo. 2012.
- The Art of Urban Sketching. Gabriel Campanario. Quarry Books. 2012.